Whether or not you are Irish, you may still be looking forward to this year’s St. Patrick’s Day celebrations in Austin, Texas. There are options for adults, children, or some for the whole family to enjoy together. Pioneer Farms is hosting St. Patrick’s Day Austin from noon to 7:00 p.m., which is authentic to Irish tradition and full of fun for everybody. The event will involve no green beer, just Irish imports for the adults. Whatever way you choose to celebrate, we here at Austin Prosthodontics hope that you have a green and happy weekend!
Activities and Schedule
- Two covered stages will feature international and local stars of Celtic music including Irish American fiddler Liz Carroll who will join Grammy nominee and Austin’s own leading Irish guitarist Jeff Moore. Other musical acts will include Whiskey Shivers, Silver Thistle Pipes and Drums, and the Capital City Men’s Chorus.
- There will also be a Dance Hall feature traditional dancing from Inishfree Austin Irish Dancers and the Clickety Cloggers, who dance with some modern flair.
- The event will feature a special St. Paddy’s Day menu that includes Fish n Chips, Irish Po’Boys, Corned Beef & Cabbage, and more Irish beers will be on tap including Guinness, Harp and Smithwicks.
- The Gaelic League will be offering a free introductory workshop to learn the Irish language from 4pm-5pm in the Ainsworth House, which is across from the outdoor stage next to the Dance Hall. The workshop is appropriate for everyone.
- There will be lots of games and activities for children, including laser tag, a video game theater with multiple screens open from noon to 6:00 p.m., and a human gyroscope.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Dr. Carmona is proud to serve the smiles of Austin, TX. To learn more or to schedule a consultation at Austin Prosthodontics, call 512-250-9444. We also proudly welcome patients from Cedar Park, Round Rock, Pflugerville, Leander, and all surrounding Texas communities.