With the holidays right around the corner, you’ll have a number of gatherings with both friends and family to prepare for. For these visits, you’ll probably want to look your best, and that will include your smile. Well, we’re ready to help you! We can brighten smiles with our professional cosmetic treatments, such as teeth whitening.
Try Our Quiz on Brightening Teeth with Cosmetic Dentistry
- True or False: We can remove some stains in about an hour.
- True or False: We can provide a take-home kit.
- True or False: We can mask permanent stains with veneers.
- True or False: Preventive care can keep your teeth brighter for longer periods.
- True. Our in-office procedure involves placing a protective covering over the lips and gum and then applying the bleaching gel. A curing light then activates the gel, lifting stains from the surface of your smile. The entire visit takes between one and two hours, and you leave with a significantly brighter smile!
- True. We will give the patients a set of plastic trays and a bleaching gel to bring home. At home, patients will then take the gel and fill the trays. The trays will then be worn for between a half hour and around 45 minutes, depending in the dentist’s recommendations. The total treatment period takes one to two weeks, and smiles can be brightened by multiple shades!
- True. Some stains, known as intrinsic discoloration, can be difficult to remove with either our in-office or at-home system. These form below the tooth enamel. Fortunately, we can mask these stains with lifelike veneers, thin restorations made from porcelain. We can also use bonding, or a combination of bonding and veneers, to provide a more cost-effective solution.
- True. You should be brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing once before going to bed. You also need to see your dentist every six months for a thorough dental cleaning. These steps, along with cutting back on sugary foods and drinks, can help your smile stay bright!
Do You Want a Brighter Smile?
Our team can offer professional cosmetic treatments to brighten smiles. To schedule a consultation with Austin Prosthodontics in Austin, TX, call 512-250-9444. We also proudly welcome patients from Cedar Park, Round Rock, Pflugerville, Leander, and all surrounding Texas communities.