Do you or your kids play sports or enjoy outdoor activities? If so, you know there is always a chance of injuring or even damaging one or more of your teeth. How do you avoid dental damage? We recommend using a protective mouthguard. Doing so can help safeguard your smile from chips, fractures, or other injuries that threaten the health and stability of your smile.
Try Our Protective Mouthguard Quiz
- True or False: Mouthguards can help prevent injury.
- True or False: Our guards are custom-made.
- True or False: You shouldn’t ignore dental damage.
- True or False: We can also repair damaged teeth.
- True. A mouthguard is worn when playing sports and covers the teeth. Without them, your teeth are much more susceptible to chips or fractures, or even being knocked out. However, taking simple precautions can help you avoid these injuries.
- True. You can purchase a one-size-fits-all guard at any sporting goods store. However, they simply can’t provide the same level of protection as a custom-made device. At our office, we can take impression and use them to create a custom guard designed to fit your smile and protect it from damage.
- True. If you chip or fracture a tooth don’t ignore the issue. Damaged teeth can expose sensitive tooth structure to harmful bacteria, increasing the risk of tooth decay and dental infection. To avoid uncomfortable symptoms and an elevated risk of tooth loss, you should have the damage assessed right away.
- True. We can use dental bonding or possibly a lifelike dental crown to repair teeth that have become broken or cracked. If you have any questions about our custom-made protective mouthguards, then please contact our office today.